CANNABIS STRAIN SPOTLIGHT: HURKLE
For every time you’ve heard “not your father’s weed” - it’s no secret that cannabis potency has increased significantly in the last 40 years - we’ve got a strain here that might just take you back to those good ol’ days: Caliva Collection Hurkle.
With a THC to CBD ratio just under 1:1, Hurkle is a low-THC, high-CBD strain that’s akin to a session beer. If you’re planning to get ripped, this one’s not for you - try Alien OG - but if you’re looking for relaxation, anxiety/pain relief or just enough of a buzz to take the edge off, look no further.
WHY SHOULD I SMOKE HURKLE?
Glad you asked. Our cultivation staff chose Hurkle primarily for its high CBD content and potential medicinal applications.* We also love the look and smell of this strain. Scents of berries and earth radiate from buds that range in color from bright green to dark purple - so don’t be surprised to open your eighth and see nuggets that look completely different!
Due to its low-THC, high-CBD content, Hurkle works well in a variety of scenarios:
- Pain relief: CBD is increasingly known for its analgesic properties. Feeling a little achy? Try packing up a pipe of Hurkle.
- New to cannabis: Our Hurkle clocks in around 5-6% THC (check the sticker on the package for the exact content), perfect for people who want to dip their toe into the beautiful green lagoon of cannabis.
- High anxiety: Studies have shown that CBD can help relieve anxiety. It can also be used to counter the effects of “greening out” - when you get too high - by easing the associated paranoia.
- Wake and bake: Well, not quite bake; more like, face the day. Set the tone for your day ahead with a Hurkle session (it pairs well with coffee!). A few puffs will help ease anxiety and leave you largely clear-headed for whatever your day brings.
- Smoke break: Whether you’ve been studying for hours or toiling away in your cubicle, a quick puff or two of Hurkle, will have you chilled out and ready to work in no time.
- Microdosing: The low THC content is perfect for keeping yourself level and medicated throughout the day.
- Lowering tolerance: Want to lower your THC tolerance but can’t or don’t want to quit smoking entirely for medical reasons? Microdosing can help lower tolerance, and Hurkle works well for microdosing!
- Preparing for bed: Relax and get comfy with some Hurkle. Rid yourself of stress while still being present and ready to finish that book you cracked last week.