5 TIPS FOR MICRODOSING THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
Ah, the holidays - the "most wonderful time of the year." Even the most festive of us can't deny that the holidays can also bring a lot of stress. Juggling family get togethers, office parties, and traveling can be downright overwhelming. The good news is that you don't have to go through it alone. A low dose edible can be just the friend you need to get you discreetly through the season. Whether you're a cannabis novice or a seasoned veteran, here's some tips to ensure your holidays are merry and bright.
1. Make sure you are well fed before venturing out to deck the halls. Too many times, we make the mistake of not taking care of our basic needs before going into social settings- and this is especially important once you throw cannabis into the mix. Perhaps you thought that cocktail party was actually a sit-down dinner- or the sit-down dinner your aunt prepared doesn't meet your dietary requirements. Making sure that your stomach is full will help you have an enjoyable experience whether you have chosen to drink alcohol or ingest some cannabis (and we definitely don't recommend mixing both). Skip the hangry phase and make sure you have at least a snack before taking an edible!
2. Start with a low dose. This can be anywhere from 2.5MG of THC (the dose in one of Kiva's vegan Petra Mints) to 5MG of THC (as found in one serving of their Camino Gummies, chocolate Terra Bites and Kiva Bars). It's the dose that makes all the difference. The light dose will allow your body to get the most benefits from the cannabis without any of the uncomfortable side effects that can come with higher doses. Remember- you can always take more with edibles, but you can’t take away.
3. Listen to your body. This may seem obvious, but it’s important to check in with yourself! Cannabis infused edibles can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours to take effect depending on a number of factors- including your height, weight, metabolism, and the last time you've eaten. Two hours after your first dose, take notice of how you are feeling and any feelings of relaxation, happiness and wellness. If you'd like to have a stronger experience, make sure to not exceed the potency of your first dose- and wait another two hours for the effects of both to be felt. Edibles' effects can last up to six hours plus because of how they're digested so start low and go slow.
4. Bring CBD for back up. If you accidentally overconsume, consuming a CBD-rich product can be a great help to mitigate any feeling of overwhelm or anxiety. If CBD isn't accessible, be sure to hydrate and find a quiet room to relax in while the feeling passes.
5. Safety first. Always, always remember to store edibles safely. Cannabis products should aways be kept away from where pets or children might find them.
The holidays come but once a year- and with a little preparation, you can navigate them like a pro thanks to the assistance cannabis provides. With stress and social anxiety at bay, you can feel confident and carefree about accepting any invitation. Plus, who doesn't dream about satisfying their munchies with an actual feast?